The derogation for the use of online tools to allow networks to continue sharing knowledge and ideas in a safe and effective manner, has been extended to the current grant period (01/05/2020 until 30/04/2021), up to the cost of 500 euros excluding VAT.
More information here: Virtual networking tools additional support
NEW JOB OFFER
PhD opportunity at the University of Edinburgh – Integrative Toxicology
Fully-funded PhD available START DATE OCT 2020 (or as CV19 allows) in the area of POR and NAFLD-DILI (see Figure below) – entitled:“Engineering a novel cell-based human liver CYP450 oxidoreductase knockout model for early detection of reactive metabolite liabilities in drug development”. See ‘Infographic’ below.
The PhD is a cross-college collaboration with Medicine at QMRI, Edinburgh – with a generous stipend.
The studentship is for a fixed period of funding of 3.5 years, subject to satisfactory progression, and which is not extendable.
The studentship includes:
• Tuition fees paid at the UK/EU rate.
• A stipend (42 months in total; 48 months max):
_Year 1 – (19/20) – £17,233.00 _
_Year 2 – (20/21) – £17,664.00 _
_Year 3 – (21/22) – £18,106.00 _
_Year 4 – (22/23) (6 MONTHS) – £9,279.50_
Supervisors are me, Profs Alistair Elfick (Bioengineering) and Jonathan Fallowfield (UoE Hepatology  – we also have access to the patient NAFLD biopsies from the Lothian NRS Human Annotated Bioresource ). A 4th Supervisor can be added.
Fig.1 Integrative toxicology training scheme; Key training objectives
▪ Develop a broad skillset in biological engineering, biochemical and toxicology techniques
▪ Genome editing: Develop POR-KO clonal cell lines
▪ Utilize in vitro modelling (DILI/ disease) approaches to investigate the systems above | Imaging techniques
▪ Undergo an integrative training in genomics | phenotypic/ metabolic profiling and hepatotoxicology
▪ Training in screening for chemically reactive metabolites at the University of Edinburgh
▪Training in data integration/ bioinformatics
NOTICE OF COST KAUNAS MEETING CANCELLATION
The safety and well-being of all COST Kaunas Meeting participants is our priority.
Given the severity of this global health issue, we have determined that is in the best interest of all to cancel this meeting.
We will keep you updated soon about the new dates.